Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

*Darn Routine!*

Ok, so ya... haven't been down to my creative space since Sunday. Have thought about it. Have been surfing the net for ideas for a Christmas Themed workshop and a Christmas Card Class I will be doing in October, but haven't had any time to get down and actually get anything created. Darn life gets in the way! Been busy beating myself up about "bad food days". After losing 60+ pounds starting in the fall of 2000 (at goal summer of 2001), I have gained back about 20 pounds over the last 2 years thanks to stresses over my Dad's health. After his death in May I needed time to not worry about things like that, thus the 20 pounds. But now I can't seem to get it into my head that eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult. I can do a couple of weeks, and then it's back to the bad habits and the weight comes back on. WOW, let me tell you... it comes on fast and comes off s l o w. Sigh.

This is a photo of me before I lost my weight... May long weekend of 2000 at the Rubberstamp Convention in Puyallup Washington. The dark haired lady wtih me is Leslie Onastad, the creator of Radiant Pearls.

The point of that little story is that I think it's very difficult (at least for me) to be creative when you're down on yourself. I need to be feeling good about myself and where I am for the creative stuff to flow. That's probably why things haven't been flowing very well for the last several months. Even the act of losing weight doesn't work so well when you're not feeling positive about yourself.

I'm going to try very hard to not get down on myself for a few extra pounds. The stresses of family health and death and other problems around my family are a natural reason for someone with a weight problem to gain back their weight. I shouldn't be beating myself up about it.... I *know* I need to do the best I can each day.... but some days it's just easier to make bad decisions.

Anyway... maybe nothing you wanted to know, but it's my Blog LOL!

So, maybe tomorrow I'll be back to being creative. Let's see... I gotta hit the gym in the morning, go to work for 2 hours, and then a Meet The Teacher BBQ at the school at 4:30. There should be some time in there between work and Meet The Teacher.

I really gotta start thinking about Christmas cards.... both SU for workshops, and whatever I decide for *me*. This is almost the latest I've left my Christmas card planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)