Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

*More Christmas*

I'm sorry it's been so long since the last time I posted... I went down to stamp yesterday afternoon and I sat there and did absolutely *nothing* in an hour!! How sad is that? I just couldn't decide on colours or on a layout or even on a stamp I wanted to use!

Have I told you lately that I *love* stamping for Christmas?? I just love making Christmas cards and tags. It is truly my most favourite "occasion" for card making. I love the colours and the images.

I didn't go down to stamp today specifically to make Christmas cards, but I ended up making three of them. I love one, like one, not so sure about one.

First, the one I'm not so sure about....
I wanted to do something a little different with colour... and different it is. It does look a bit better in real life as you can't see the doodles around the red and green layers in a glitter gel pen and a white gel pen respectively. I also added the glittler pen on the snowflakes. All stamps are SU. The On The Spot background is also stamped in white on the blue, which you can't see. The sentiment is stamped and embossed in gold. The colours I used are Bashful Blue, Real Red and Certainly Celery. As much as this snowflake punch was a "must have" for me, I sure haven't used it much.

This next one is one I kind of like...
The colours on this are all from the In Color Collection from Stampin' Up! The Season's Greetings is by Uptown Rubber Stamps. The snowflakes on the Cranberry Crisp panel are stamped in silver Encore ink. The other colours are Marigold Morning, True Thyme and Buckaroo Blue. I splattered a little Marigold Morning ink on the white piece with the Seasons Greetings stamped on it. Just not sure about this one... doesn't go into my favourites folder, that's for sure!

And finally, the one I liked... which happens to have been the first one I made today.
It really does look better in real life... the Real Red panel is stamped with snowflakes in both Real Red and Whisper White ink. The strip beside the Real Red panel is Old Olive covered with the red line (Terrifically Tacky Tape or Sticky Strip) and iridescent glitter. Happy is stamped in Old Olive ink on Old Olive cardstock and the Holidays is stamped and embossed in gold. I edged the Old Olive panel with the 2-Way Glue Pen and covered it with iridescent glitter. The other green in the card is Certainly Celery. The snowflake in the corner is a gold brad I bought years ago.

I was thrilled to log in today and see my counter approaching the 1000 viewer mark! How very very exciting! I guess I'd better post on a more regular basis if I want people to keep popping back in!

If you have some time, take yourself on a tour of some of my favourite Blogs, found to the left of my Blog... there are some wonderful ideas there.... lots of things to help inspire you!

2 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for making a card that makes me *need* the "Happy Everything" stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Nancy! I like the last one too, but I think my favorite is the second one. I really like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)