Pages

Monday, November 13, 2006

*I'm Home!*

And WOW am I tired! Vegas was a blast... lots of walking, enough drinking and eating, some great shopping, and a bit of gambling.

Getting to Vegas was half the battle... one couple in our group didn't get on the plane as they didn't have the right identification. They managed to get on a later flight (only arrived 3 hours behind us) but then they had no luggage. But that arrived before they went to bed on the first night. We were in lineups all day long.... made our flight out of Calgary with no time to spare after long lines at Customs and Security. Missed our connector flight in Phoenix but were on a flight only a few minutes later. We had a lot of fun and would definitely go back again.

I was smart before I left... and I made up a few cards to entertain my readers when I got home. My stats show a HUGE drop in readership.... I sure hope I can gain that back again! I guess that will teach me to go on vacation (I need a vacation from my vacation though....).

So.... here's a card I made before I left to give to my friend Denise who celebrated her 40th birthday with 18 of her friends in Vegas!!

Again, you can tell how much I love these scallop punches. My friend Cindy punched me a bunch of white and cream ovals and I have now ordered the punch for myself.

I am proud of this card because I made it with no inspiration from anything other than myself!

I stamped the scallop with Regal Rose ink after stamping it off once. The greeting is done in Almost Amethyst. I sponged the edge of the scallop with Regal Rose ink. I covered the entire scallop with Versamark ink and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heated it. I added layers of Certainly Celery and Regal Rose, some Celery Ribbon and gems in the corners for the "bling factor". The Whisper White cardstock was cut to 11X4.25" and folded in half and the ribbon is wrapped inside the card. Celebrate was stamped in Regal Rose.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great time in Vegas! Love the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Nancy! It sounds like you had a great time away! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)