I've had a Provo Craft lunch tin for several months now but it's been sitting in my craft space waiting for me to do something with it. I think I've been pretty intimidated about trying to cover it. There are no directions or templates out there for them. But I decided yesterday that it was time to play with it. I pulled out some Stampin' Up Patterned Paper from the Simply Scrappin' Friends and Flowers Level 1 Hostess Set and went to it. Covering the main part of the tin was easy. I did the striped paper first... a layer of Modge Podge on the tin and then put the paper down on it. I waited for it to dry before putting the flower paper on. I used a circle punch to cut out the area around the latch. I put the Modge Podge on the back of the paper this time and carefully wrapped it around the tin. When it was all dry, I added two layers of Modge Podge over the top of the decorated papers.
The lid was a little more difficult. I started out with a piece of computer paper and cut it to the approximate size and played with my corner rounder punch and measurements until I got something that would fit pretty well. I cut slits in each side of the paper up to the holes for the handle to be able to get the paper on in one piece. I put the Modge Podge on the back of the paper and on the tin (thin layer on each) to allow for some extra time to be able to move things around to get it perfect. Once it was dry I added 2 coats of Modge Podge on top of the patterned paper.
I added a light yellow grosgrain ribbon around the edge of the lid and the Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon around the tin to cover where the two papers overlap. I put sticky strip (also known as red line tape) along the ribbon and then stuck it on the tin. I also added some Prima Flowers to the top and added some bling to the centre of each flower. There are also three little blings in the bottom right corner of the front of the tin.
I then created 4 dividers out of Cool Caribbean cardstock for inside the tin, using the circle punch to create the tabs on the dividers. I wrote on each tab with a black marker and added some sparkle with the clear Stardust Gel Pen. I filled the tin with cards to create a gift for one of the kids' teachers this year.
It really wasn't as daunting a project as I feared it would be. I now want to go to the scrapbooking store and buy more of these wonderful tins!
Don't forget to enter a comment in the post below to enter my 5000th Page View Contest!