Pages

Thursday, December 07, 2006

*CST Holiday Card Contest WINNER!*

For the first time since I started having this contesteight years ago on my online YahooGroup (CST), I have finally won a prize! I won fourth place in the Holiday Decorating category. If you want to see all of the entries, check them out here. There were a lot of amazing cards to choose from this year and I am honoured to have made it into the top 4 in my category. I had a whole different card created for the contest (see here), but changed my mind at the last minute.

This card was a little time consuming just to get it all coloured in. The image is one big stamp by Peddlars Pack. I stamped it in black ink on Whisper White cardstock. I coloured the stars in with a gold gel pen and then used Stampin' Up! markers in Certainly Celery, Regal Rose and Bashful Blue to decorate the ornaments. I also added some sparkle to the swirls and line stars with my Sakura Stardust Gel Pen. I attached the main image to Regal Rose cardstock. I stamped the greeting (Hero Arts) on paper weight vellum and wrapped it around the Regal Rose layer and adhered it to the back before attaching it all to a Certainly Celery card. I added two crystal blings on the vellum as well as four pink blings to the green ornament with the blue strip near the top right of the card.

I've had this stamp for about 3 years now... and this is the first card I've ever created with it. I just didn't know what to do with it. Sure am glad it was sitting there waiting for me to see the light!

5 comments:

  1. Holy smackers girl. Can I have one!?!? LOL Absolutely brilliant. Love all the colours and layout.
    Well done. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I voted for a winner!! Congrats! I love this card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was my first pick in this category!! I just might have to get me this stamp for next year ;0) Congrats, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's well worthy of first place if you ask me. I love the colors Nancy. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card Nancy, and congratulations on winning!! I love all the different colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)