Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

*Happy Winter*

My apologies for not posting something sooner than this. I am sure you can all appreciate how busy this time of the year can be. I am still totally in the Holiday Card Making mode, however I am now done all of my cards for the year. I decided that instead of a whole whack of one design, I would do several different designs... a dozen of each card.

This is the last card I decided to do. I created the prototype this morning, mass produced the dozen this afternoon. I have printed off my address labels and hope to get my cards ready for the mail tonight.

The card base is Cranberry Crisp (I will really miss these new In Color colours when the new Stampin' Up! catalogue comes out! I used a piece of the Holiday Time decorated paper cut 1/4" smaller than the card. I used the two larger circle punches to cut one circle in Whisper White and one in True Thyme. The snowflake is a silver brad I bought a few years ago. "Winter" is stamped in black ink on True Thyme and layered on to the back side of the patterned paper. I added sparkle to the small piece of patterned paper with my Sakrua Stardust Gel Pen. The ribbon is, of course, the stitched Cranberry Crisp Grosgrain from SU! (Imagine how excited I was to find out they will continue these ribbons until the end of the current Idea Book and Catalogue!

Hopefully there will be some more crafting happening in the next few days. I have a lot of running around to accomplish, but I hope to fit some creative time in there as well. In the lat 2 years or so I've been crafting less and less... with the blog, I find myself wanting to craft more often to be able to share new things with all of you.

So, for encouraging me (directly and indirectly) to create, thank you!!

5 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous!! WOW!

    I am missing cranberry crisp cardstock already... I went to make a card with it today and realized that I don't have any left! How can that be?? Good thing I'm placing an SU order this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is amazing. Love that Holiday Thyme paper!!

    And THANK YOU for inspiring me to start a blog and to try to make more time for card making!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that striped paper. it looks textured to me. lovely card Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy,
    I absolutely LOVE this card!! I love everything about it. I will definitely be copying this one.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)