Pages

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

*Ho Ho Ho*

I don't know what it is about Santa images, but I have a really tough time using them to create cards.

I wanted to do something yesterday with my Marvy Giga Scalloped Square Punch and decided to give Santa a shot. It started out OK, but then I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what to do next.

I stamped Santa (PSX) on Whisper White, centred him in the punch and punched him out. I punched a second white square and coloured the corners with my Sakura Stardust gel pen to create some shimmer. I coloured Santa with a gold gen pen and a Real Red marker. I used Liquid Applique (or puff paint) on the fur of his hat and Dazzling Dimonds glitter on his beard and mustache. I added some little red bling to the four corners of the Santa square.

The Real Red layer is cut 1/4" smaller than the Whisper White card and I used the tag corner punch to snip off the corners. I then used the random splatter background stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds (SU) with white craft ink. I added the striped ribbon... don't have a clue where I got it from... been sitting in my ribbon drawer for ages! Imagine my surprise when it had double sided tape on the back of it!! I stamped Ho Ho Ho (Outlines Rubber Stamps) in Basic Black

I am actually quite pleased with how this Santa turned out... doesn't happen often with a Santa image for me!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love the bling bling touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Nancy! I think you did a great job...you should be happy with it ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)