Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2006

*A Non-Christmas Card... I know, shocking!*

OK.... let me start out by telling you just how difficult it was to stamp this card last week! This is the first time in months that I didn't make a Christmas card! And I think it nearly killed me. I got this new set from Stampin' Up and I couldn't wait to use it... but once I got it cut out and mounted, I just didn't now what I wanted to do with it. This is what I came up with... and I'm not honestly sure I like it. Sigh.

The stamp sets are Wonderful Words II, Little Pieces and Big Pieces. The colours are Whisper White, Basic Black, Barely Banana, Almost Amethyst, Rose Red and Certainly Celery. Hard to tell on the scan that I used Almost Amethyst at all... the wheel on the left is Amethyst as are some of the small circles you can't see.

There's just not anything exciting about this card to me.

But, I promise that once life gets back to normal around here and my houseguests go home (sniff sniff) that I will try again....

I did buy a bunch of new stuff today.... some Christmas stamps (sigh.... I'm addicted to Christmas stamps... I admit it), some great flower stickers, some beautiful Bazzill cardstock that shimmers... It was some fun shopping, especially since almost everything I bought was on sale! Yee Haw!

Have a safe and fun New Years' Eve tomorrow night.... don't do anything stupid!

See you next year!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Very spring-like...I can't wait to get my 'Big Pieces' set. I looks like such a fun set to play with. Hope you find your groove to get back into non-Christmas stamping ;0) I think your creations are great...even if you don't :0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)