Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

*Only 363 More Sleeps...*

... and then we get to do it all again! Funny how much work goes in to one day each year. But you know, I wouldn't do it any other way. I love the excitement of Christmas.

We had a really good Christmas. Wonderful to be able to spend it with some of our family. The day itself had a few moments of tears for me, missing my Dad... but overall it was a wonderful Christmas. So much excitement, so many happy faces. I love knowing that people are happy with the gifts I have chosen for them.

Taylor asked on her blog what your favourite gift was that you received and the favourite that you gave.... here are my answers...

The favourite gift I received is a tough choice as I received some wonderful things... necklace and matching earrings from my Mom, a great tea pot and tea from my sister, two movies I really wanted from my kids, some craft stuff from Mom... but I think my husband wins this prize... he gave me a tv and dvd player for my craft space. I have had a TV down there for a while but the TV is so old I can't hook a dvd player into it. Sometimes there is just nothing on TV and a chick flick would be a great form of noise while I'm stamping. I can't wait to get to spend some time down there! It will also be good to give the kids another place to hook up their video games.

The favourite gift I gave was tough as well... the kids were both so excited to get their new Nintendo DS Lites from us and my Mom, the giggles that erupted when my sister opened a particular gift that will remain nameless was worth it totally, the Bose stereo I got for Bruce fits in to the living room wonderfully and he's been enjoying it immensely... but the winner here has to be the gift that caused my Mom to cry. We lost my Dad this past spring and things have been tough for all of us... but especially for Mom. My sister and I thought Mom needed a little adventure this winter. So we got her tickets to fly to Arizona to spend 10 days with her brother at his winter home in Mesa. We totally blew her away. Mom's never been anywhere warm during the winter so this should be a nice treat. Her brother is so excited to have her come to visit. I hope she has a wonderful time.

I hope you gave and received some presents that were "just right" this year...

3 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a fantastic day Nancy. we gave our older 2 Nintendo DS as well-best gift i think we've ever bought them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift for your mother. I too watched the heartbreak of my mother after my father passed away. I'm sure it will be a trip that will not only be a welcome respite from the cold, but a healing time for her broken heart as well. God bless you for your compassion for her. BTW...I have had your blog on a RSS feed for a long time, and have enjoyed your projects. Thank you for your kind words and link to my site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy,

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the comment you left. I too have added your blog to my list of "Blogs I Visit". I just spent a little time reading and catching up on your blog and it is wonderful as well. I will be visiting it daily to see what you have been up to. I hope you have a WONDERFUL New Year's!!!!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)