Pages

Monday, December 11, 2006

*Retro Holiday*

I bought some awesome paper at Scrapbookers Paradise last week and I couldn't wait to cut into it. You can't tell from the photo but some of the stripes and dots have sparkle to them. And you know how I've been with sparkly things lately. These are two different papers from the same line, designed to go together... so go together I did!

I used a piece of bright green grosgrain ribbon to hide the seam of the two papers. I covered a piece of Real Red cardstock with Versamark ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and chopped off the corners with the tag corner punch.. I stamped the solid tree from Shapes and Shadows in Green Galore ink, but did a one off to make it a little lighter. I then used one of the stamps from Little Pieces with full strength Green Galore ink to create the design on the tree. I cut it out and used a pop dot to adhere it to the red piece.

I added "Merry and Bright" stamped on Whisper White with Green Galore ink and layered it onto a Real Red piece. I coloured the Real Red with my Sakura Stardust gel pen and added a small gem for bling in the left corner.

Happy Monday all!

4 comments:

  1. Way to make me regret selling shapes & shadows!! This card looks like a very expensive store bought card - BUT EVEN BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love the sparkle and the gorgeous colors!! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)