Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

*Another Colour Challenge*

I decided to play a little more with the Splitcoast Colour Challenges on Saturday night. I don't like the way this card turned out nearly as much as the one I posted on Saturday. But again, I am pleased that I was able to think outside my box and just "go".

I started with the colours on this one... Vintage Violet, Cool Caribbean and Rose Red. The only reason I have it laid out this way is that I had a Vintage Violet half sheet and scraps of Cool Caribbean and Rose Red. I figured I should use my scraps instead of cutting in to full sheet.

The Cool Caribbean and Rose Red are the same size. I ran the Caribbean through the Cuttlebug with the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. I stamped the Rose Red with a circle background stamp in white craft ink and then the saying on top in black classic ink I punched two of the corners with the small corner rounder and added some Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware and a piece of stitched grosgrain ribbon. I thought it added some interest to use the two same sized pieces but to turn one the different way from the other.

This is another colour combination I don't think I would have put together on my own....but now I look forward to trying something different with it!

1 comment:

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)