Pages

Thursday, January 25, 2007

*Cool Flower*

It's been so great finding time to be crafty every afternoon. I head down after the kids have gotten home from school. If they have homework, they can come work with me or work in the kitchen, and I craft until it's time to start making dinner. I've spent a lot of time in craft space before, just sitting looking for inspiration and leaving frustrated. But the last few days it's been great.... thanks to the layout challenges and the colour challenges at Splitcoast Stampers.

Todays card is another old Colour Challenge. The challenge was to use Cool Caribbean, Real Red and Whisper White. I don't use a lot of Cool Caribbean, so this was a bit of a challenge for me. But I must say, I really like these colours together!

I started with a Cool Caribbean card base, stamped with On the Spot in Cool Caribbean. I used my Marvy Giga Scallop Punch to punch a circle in Real Red. I then had to use to Fiskar's Shape Cutter (not my favourite tool) to cut a Cool Caribbean circle. I stamped the flower in Real Red on Whisper White and then used my shape cutter to cut the circle. I added the word "laugh" to a piece of Real Red cardstock and cut it out with an oval punch. I put the card together and added some white dots with my Stampin' Up white gel pen around the scallops of the large circle and at the ends of the oval.

And you'll notice my watermark is different from yesterday. Cindy was worried that her watermarks were all looking the same so she asked me about some of my favourite fonts and created a new one for me. I really liked the one I used yesterday, but I love this one!!! Contact Cindy if you're interested in a $5 watermark!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice!! And love the new watermark too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute card!! Feel free to link my blog--I'm flattered!! :)

    http://inkingalong.blogspot.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Totally feel free to link my blog too! http://no-ink-time.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for asking!! I am pleased as punch to say SURE! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful card nancy! love those colors together too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I already have everything to make this card, except, of course the dreaded scallop punch. I can't find it anywhere online or in stores! ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)