Friday, January 26, 2007

*New Michael's Ribbon*

I was at Michaels yesterday with my girlfriend Denise... I was looking for $1.50 stamps and found nothing I liked... but I did spent a bit of money on some beautiful ribbons. I promised Denise when she dropped me off that I'd make a card using one of the ribbons yesterday afternoon.

Today is Denise's daughter's 9th birthday (Happy Birthday Jory!) and Matthew is going to her party tomorrow afternoon.... so I used Denise's challenge to make Jory a birthday card.

I started with the ribbon and tried matching some colours to it. I decided Rose Red and Green Galore matched the closest. I turned to my handy dandy Colour Coach and decided to add some Tempting Turquoise as well. I got this stamp set off a CST Garage Sale. I stamped it on Whisper White with black classic ink and coloured it with my SU! markers. I punched it out with my Marvy Giga Scallop square punch and added some doodles around the scallops with my Tempting Turquoise Marker. I did some layering on my three colours. The plain white card was a little too plain so I dug out my paint splatter jumbo wheel and my Rose Red ink cartridge and decorated the white card. I wrapped my new Michaels ribbon around the front of the card and Voila!

And you'll notice a new watermark... that's thanks again to Cindy! I've known Cindy for about 10 years now and we chat all the time. She's a good friend of mine... and she's currently using me as a Guinea Pig for her watermarks! Not that I mind, of course!!!! She knows I'm a daisy freak, so she made me this one. I also have one with a beautiful snowflake behind my name.... but you'll have to wait until I start making Christmas cards again for that one!! tee hee!

By the way... it's FriiiiiiiiiiiDayyyyyyyyyyy! Yahoo!

4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Cute card. Love the watermark!!!

Quilt Nut said...

very pretty Nancy. i love that stamp set

scrappersister said...

The card that you made for Jory is so pretty. Love all of the colors. I'm sure the lucky little birthday girl will love her card.

Mary

donnacr said...

Love your cards ! Some day we will have a Michael's too ( by fall of 2007 ! ) so I can get some of these pretty things too !