Thursday, January 18, 2007

*A New (to me) Colour Combination*

I had some pieces of Almost Amethyst cardstock already cut to 1/4 sheets sitting on my stamp table when I went down to craft today, so I decided I'd try using them for something. I pulled out my handy dandy Colour Coach and came up with Almost Amethyst, Rose Red, So Saffron and White.

I cut the Almost Amethyst to 4" X 5 1/4" and then put it through my Cuttlebug with the Happy Birthday embossing folder. I traced a half circle onto Rose Red cardstock and cut it out and then stamped it with Little Pieces in White Craft Ink. To speed up the drying time, I blasted it with my heat tool. I stamped a flower from Big Pieces on Whisper White cardstock with So Saffron ink. I added a small gem in the centre of the flower before putting all of the elements together on a top fold Rose Red Card.

I am so thrilled with how deeply embossed the cardstock is with my Cuttlebug. I love that little bug!

3 comments:

Cindy Keery said...

Nice card! I never would've thought to put those colors together, but they look really good.

Allison said...

I am going to try this CC soon...I am going to break out of my Earth Elements attachment...this will be a great start...TFS!

Tracy.H said...

Looks very cool, Nancy. It almost looks like the embossed piece is on acetate.

Hey go check out my blog...you have been tagged!!