Pages

Sunday, February 04, 2007

*Paisley*

I am not a big fan of paisley. It's OK, but I never go out of my way to use it. There are so many stampers and paper crafters who go "ga ga" for paisley, but I am most certainly not one of them.

One of my packages of Stampin' Up patterned paper has a paisley pattern. Not a fan. But I'm trying to use some of the papers I've accumulated in the last several months so I decided to bite the bullet and use some of the paisley. I don't know if I don't like this card because of the paisley or if I just think that the card is that bad. I guess you can be the judge.

I started with a white card and cut a piece of this paisley paper 1/4" smaller than the front of the card. I cut a piece of Whisper White and stamped Happy Birthday on it in black classic ink. I then took a stamping sponge and sponged the edges of the white piece with Certainly Celery ink. I attached the piece to the front of the card. The card still needed something, so I added some light yellow grosgrain ribbon to the fol. And still, it seemed plain... so I punched holes in the ribbon and put two gold daisy brads through the ribbon.

So, what do you think? Is it as bad as I think it is?

9 comments:

  1. I think you are just being too critical of yourself ;0)

    I love it!! Love the paper too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to see you've come over the other side.... paisley is wonderful! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no it's not, I think it's cute! I love paisley and you did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great card Nancy! Paisley ROCKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this card is fantastic but I'm one of the paisley lovers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a really nice simple card! i am not a big fan of paisley either.. but if you have the paper to use, you may as well right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is really elegant. I havent used much paisley either but do think I like this card.You are probably like most of us- overly critical of your own work.
    Cindy G

    ReplyDelete
  8. The paisley looks just fine! That paper would work with the Polka Dots & Paisley set too :) Paisley can be flexible - more fancy/elegant or it can go country/cowboy too! Lots of options... keep going & post some more - see where your creations take you!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)