Thursday, May 10, 2007

*Doodled*

When Stampin' Up! came out with the 2007 Spring Mini, I totally fell in love with the stamp set "Doodle This", so of course I bought it without any hesitation.

What dumbfounds me is how a set that I love so much is so difficult for me to use and create cards that make me as happy as just looking at the set. Explain?!

Anyway... Mom and I were playing in my craft room the other day and I decided to use some beautiful ribbon as my inspiration and then turned to Doodle This to make something beautiful. I like the idea, but the execution isn't quite what I had in my mind... I think next time I'd use my water brush or perhaps my blender pen to make the marker look a little less vibrant.

I think that part of what makes this card not exactly like my vision is just the colour combination... I'm not a big fan of these two colours together, but that was what was in the ribbon... and I liked the ribbon!

items used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Green Galore
*Images: Stampin' Up!
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Black Classic Ink, Green Galore and Pink Passion Markers
*Embellishments: Ribbon by May Arts or Maya Road (can't remember which!)

*Tools: Cuttlebug and D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

7 comments:

Cindy Keery said...

I like it a lot!! You're making me want that set... grrrr ;-)

Tracy.H said...

Very nice!

Quilt Nut said...

love the brightness of the colors Nancy. very nice

Sandy O said...

Love this card. Makes me want to get my stamps out and create.

Yvette said...

Thanks so much for the beautiful RAK I recieved in the mail yesterday! I love your doodle cards but I know what you mean - it looked great in the catalog but can be difficult to produce something yourself....

The BlogHore said...

I kind of feel that way about this set too. I just got it recently and I was DYING to get my hands on it and it's just not really inspiring me the way some others do. Weird, huh?

Amber P. said...

I love the vibrant colors! I think it looks great!!