Pages

Friday, May 18, 2007

*Flashback Friday*

I am sorry that there hasn't been a lot of new content of mine on my blog the last few weeks. I didn't get a lot of crafting done while Mom was here... we were off doing stuff and I just wasn't feeling totally creative.

Mom left on Wednesday afternoon and the house sure seems a little bit empty. Matthew walked in the door after school on Wednesday and pretty much the first thing out of his mouth was "I miss Nana". That sums it up pretty good.

My stamp group is meeting this morning (I'm just waiting for them now) and we'll be making some stuff with the chipboard coasters. A box and a bookmark (both of which you've seen on my blog).

So, today being Friday means you get to see a card from years gone by.

Todays card is from 2003. I went through a phase where I was doing a lot of embroidery on my cards and then I started doing the embroidery with beads as well. I would punch the holes (following a pattern of course) during the day and would stitch these up in front of the TV in the evenings. I still have some stitched and beaded fronts to make into cards.

As with a lot of the different techniques and ideas with stamping, something else caught my eye and I moved away from the thread and beads.

I also was in a dark card phase when I was making these cards... most of the samples I have scanned are on very dark backgrounds. Sure wish I would have been using my digital camera instead of my scanner to capture the beauty of these babies!

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Nancy. Is that a silver cardstock layered with it? Looks beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I am partial to black and white...

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)