Pages

Friday, May 25, 2007

*Flashback Friday*

I am pleased to report that the snow is just about gone. We didn't get any more of the white stuff yesterday as was forecasted and this morning the sun is shining and things are going to warm up a little bit. Still not average temperatures for Calgary, but better than snow!

Thankfully we didn't have any damage to our trees.... lots of people in the city did. Allison, who lives in the opposite end of the city than I do, said that they had a lot less snow than we did.

Today is the day that my oldest son returns home from Outdoor School. I can't wait to hear how it all went. Last year the Principal spent a day at Outdoor School so at least there was a report during the week to hear how it all went. We have a new Principal at our school and I don't think she's an interested in getting involved with the students. Too bad really... it was a wonderful trait of our old Principal.

Anyways... being Friday means it's time for you to have a boo at a card from my past. I really wish I had some older cards for you. I've been stamping since the fall of 1996 and I am sure that there were more than enough ugly cards mailed out!! And of course, I am choosing only cards I kinda like to share with you. Tee hee

This card is from 2004 when I discovered Microscope Slides in my creativity. I stamped the sunflower image on the slide, put a piece of patterned paper behind it, layered on another slide and then wrapped the edges with foil tape (that you would use for stained glass) to hold it all together. Plunked that on some layers of Bazzill cardstock and then onto a Bazill card. Thank you was computer generated and printed on to vellum.

I enjoyed the microscope slides for a while (still have some here to play with again some day) but hated that I couldn't find a good way to get them to stay on the card!

I'll be back this afternoon to announce the winner of my Blog Candy!

4 comments:

  1. This is a nice one, Nancy. I really like the font you used in this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I love how the flower looks. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Flashback Fridays, the card, as always, is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)