Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2007

*Happy Birthday to a Good Friend*

I want to take a minute to wish my good friend Cindy a Happy Birthday! I hope you'll all pop over to her blog and leave her a birthday wish today, just because I know it will put a smile on her face!

I met Cindy online about 8 years ago... she was the moderator of a Canadian stamping email list. We actually got off to a bad start... I disagreed with something about her list, quit and started my own. A while later she joined the stamping email list I had started and after a bit we started emailing back and forth, then started using msn. Eventually, we were chatting pretty much daily. She was my upline when I joined Stampin' Up! We support each other with our addiction to all things paper crafty.

Cindy is a great friend and such a talented craftsperson... she sews, knits, crochets, bakes, papercrafts and who knows what else. And she does them all so well! Visit her blog and have a look for yourself!

This is the card I made for Cindy. I sure hope it arrives in the mail today... I kinda left it to the last minute. Bad friend. I also hope she doesn't pop in here for a visit before she sees the card in real life!

In other news, my Mom arrived yesterday. She is on a one month vacation from her home in SK. She spent 2 weeks with my sister and niece in Toronto and flew here straight from Toronto. She arrived around suppertime last night... unfortunately one of her suitcases didn't come with her. We've already had a call from Air Canada this morning and it's in Calgary and will be delivered by courier this morning. As I mentioned back a month ago in a post, my Mom is the reason I started stamping and card making. Yes, it is all her fault! She does beautiful stuff... you should check it out in her Gallery. I hope to get her started on a blog while she is here.

items used:
*cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Rose Red
*Images: Stamping Bella and Stampin' Up
*Ink: Stampin' Up Rose Red & Regal Rose Classic Ink, Black StazOn
*Tools: Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Markers
*Embellishments: bling, Sakura Stardust Gel Pen

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I like the big flower with that Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Nancy. love how you used the big flower

    hope your mom's luggage has arrived safe and sound

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)