Pages

Monday, May 28, 2007

*I'm an Idiot and Sketch Challenge 125*

Before I treat you to a card I made, you get to hear about why and how I am an idiot.

Yup, an idiot.

For years and years and years, I have sat on my foot. I am most comfortable when one or both of my feet is tucked under my butt. I sit at the computer for quite a while each day, with my right foot underneath me.

I come by this naturally... my Mom does it... and both of my older sisters do it too.

We all know we shouldn't. But we all do. It's a hard habit to break (anyone have that song in their head now??).

Last night, I was finishing up on the computer before heading off to bed. I, of course, was sitting on my right foot. It was time to head to bed so I stood up... took a step with my left foot, and then took a step with my right foot... heard a crack and I was on the floor. The pain subsided after about 10 minutes and I took myself upstairs to bed... where these sharp shooting excruciating pains began in my right ankle and foot.

Sigh

I woke up this morning and the ankle is very stiff and it's difficult to put my full weight on it.

*No, I am not going to work. I work in the lunchroom and not only is today the day that we have to put out all the chairs and tables, but I'm on my feet for two straight hours
*No, I am not currently sitting on my foot
*No, my Dr can not get me in today
*Yes, I plan on having it looked at somehow.

What did I learn? I want to say "I will never sit on my foot again" but I know I will.... can't teach this old dog new tricks!

On Thursday and Friday of last week, I decided to play play play. I printed off all of the Sketch Challenges at Splitcoast and started at the end. I decided to use the stamps and products that called my name to see where it would take me.

This is Sketch Challenge #125. I found it a little difficult at first, but now that I have one done, I can imagine a lot of different ideas for this sketch.

It was also difficult to leave it alone... to not add more stuff to it. No sentiment, no embellishments. Just leave it alone to let it be.

I love it!

items used:
*Cardstock and Paper: Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Certainly Celery; Stampin' Up! Pallette o' Prints patterned paper in Almost Amethyst
*Images: Studio G Clear Stamps from Michaels
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron
*Embellishments: clear Stickles
*Tools: Provocraft Cuttlebug and the Bloom Dots embossing folder

8 comments:

  1. Hope your foot and ankle are better soon, Nancy! Ouch!

    Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little card...pretty! I sure hope you feel better! I do the same thing you do....AND I have paid the same consequences! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry about your foot!! I hope it starts feeling better. I also sit on my foot so I better start consciously thinking about not doing that anymore. I LOVE the card...it's perfect, simple but just right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get better soon! Hope it's nothing "major"! If it's any consolation I like to sit on my foot also...will your story deter me? Probably not!

    BTW Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a foot sitter also. I'm so sorry about your pain. I haven't had that one, but I keep getting these pains in my knee because of it. I've been thinking I should get it checked, but haven't yet. I just try not to sit on it as often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ouch! hope your foot is better soon!

    great card nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl! You need to go to the ER! I sit on my foot the same way but I've never heard a crack before! I would hate for it to be broken and you have to have surgery because you didn't get it taken care of right away. Please let us know what the doctor says.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! OMG, I sit on my foot all the time too! It falls asleep many times when I am sitting on it! I will have to keep that in mind from now on! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)