Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2007

*Long Weekend.... No Sun*

Well, it looks like I might get some stamping time this weekend. It's a long weekend in Canada and if the sun was shining I'd feel to guilty to spend all day in my basement stamping. Unfortunately for my deck chair and book, the sun is not going to shine much this weekend and the temperatures won't be up high enough to want to sit outside. I have a few errands to run, but other than that there is nothing going on. So hopefully when I head down to the basement to stamp I will be able to find some creativity.

I found a card very similar to this on Mary's Blog and had to make one like it. I don't have the stamp she used so I grabbed a few Stampin' Up! sets and went for it. I nefver would have used Lavender Lace and Old Olive together (not sure I've ever really used Lavender Lace at all to tell the truth). I just love the simplicity of the card.... the crispness of the card.

Mary, thanks for sharing your creativity for others to enjoy and to inspire us to take your ideas to make them our own. I sure hope you believe that imitation is the kindest form of flattery!

Honestly, I think I still like hers better, but I am pleased with how mine turned out too.






Items Used: (all items Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted)
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Lavender Lace
*Ink: Old Olive and Lavender Lace
*Images: Stampin' Up!
*Embellishements: Ribbon from local stamp store, Brad by Making Memories
*Tools: Provocraft Cuttlebug and D'Vine Swirl embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. I, too, love the simplicity of this card - and you can't go wrong with Cuttlebug embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice! What stamp set is that flower from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a very simple but yet elegant card. I am glad I am not the only one not sure of colors I use....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, very simple, and very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)