Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

*Poetic Artistry Contest*

I came across a layout contest over at Poetic Artistry the other day. I really liked the layout so I saved the link in my bookmarks and thought I'd get around to trying the design.

I finally found some time to craft with Mom yesterday afternoon and decided to make the card for the challenge. I came up after crafting and thought I would photograph the card in the morning sunshine instead of evening light, but then went to Poetic Artistry to see if there was anything I had missed and realized that I needed to get that card photographed and entered asap. The contest was open until she reached 25,000 hits on her blog and I was hit #24,995!!

I have seen all the entries to the contest and I don't feel like mine is the best one there, but I had fun with the layout and like the card I came up with.

On another note, finding it hard to believe that today is Mom's last full day here in Calgary! She's been here almost 2 weeks and the time has just flown by. It's not like we've been totally busy or something. Just poof and it's time to go home! It's been a great visit and we will all miss her for sure!

items used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Ballet Blue
*Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up!
*Images: Stampin! Up!
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Ballet Blue
*Embellishments: Michaels Ribbon, bling
*Tools: Marvy Giga Scallop Circle Punch, Marvy Mega Circle Punch, 1/4" hole punch

7 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh. . .this is beautiful! Thanks for sending me the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Nancy. Glad to hear that you and Mom had a fun visit. Make sure she keeps up with the blog ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful card. I'm so glad I could inspire you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card, the paper is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card. Glad that you and Mom have had a good time. I can't believe that her month-long vacation is almost over. Where did the time go????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)