Pages

Monday, May 07, 2007

*Saturday Was Stamping Day*

My Mom arrived in Calgary on Wednesday evening and we finally found some time and creativity to go down to the basement on Saturday to play. We spent almost 5 hours downstairs and all I accomplished was two designs. Sigh. But that's OK

On Friday we did some craft shopping, stopping first at Moments to see what was still in stock (since they are closing). Was disappointed that there was a lot of stuff there, but really nothing I wanted to buy. From there we were off to the South Scrapbookers Paradise where I spent a bit of money. After there it was off to Paper Pastimes for more goodies and a quick visit with the owner, Carole.

In our travels I purchased this flower stamp by Hero Arts. It's not the same as the one I fell in love with on Cindy's blog, but it will do.

This card took a while. I stamped the image on Certainly Celery Cardstock for the base and stamped it also on Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron and Bashful Blue. I then cut out each and every petal other than the Celery ones. That took some time. You can't tell in the photo but the petals are all on pop-dots for some dimension.

The finished card measures 4.25" X 4.25"


items used:
*cardstock: Stampin' Up Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Bashful Blue
*ink: Stampin' Up Basic Black Classic Ink
*embellishments: Making Memories bling brad, Swarovski Crystals
*tools: pop dots, black Micron pen

3 comments:

  1. Oh great, now I will need this stamp as well. LOL GREAT card! I love the different colored petals - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card Nancy. i just may have to case that

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)