Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

*An Update and Sketch Challenge #124*

First, an update on my foot. I did go to the Drs yesterday. I was sent for an Xray as a precaution, but the Dr is pretty sure I didn't do anything more than pull a ligament. Apparently there is a ligament that some people have (it's evolving out or something) that runs from just above the outside ankle on to the top of the foot. It's not really needed for anything. He figures I tore it when I fell. I'll find out about the Xrays today or tomorrow.

The treatment for now is rest, ice, elevation and Ibuprofen. I figure I'll take it easy again today and then re-evaluate tomorrow. It's still sore, but so far not as bad as it was yeterday.

But I sure miss sitting on my right foot!

Thanks to everyone for their comments and emails about it yesterday. Sounds like foot-sitting is a pretty common occurrence!

As I said yesterday, I did a lot of playing late last week with the Sketch Challenges over at Splitcoast. Some of them are more difficult to get inspiration from, some are easier. Some of them you just like more than others.

#124 happened to catch my eye, but I found it difficult to come up with an idea of my own for it. I started with the sketch, then chose my colours, then added the images to it. It took a while to come together but I am pleased with the results.




items used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Rose Red and Whisper White
*Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up! in Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Rose Red
*Images: A*Muse
*Embellishments: bling from Michaels

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that it is a bit better today, Nancy.

    The card looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout and I like your color combo! Great card!! Keep them coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear it wasn't anything to serious. Especially since I read your blog sitting on my right foot!!! Suffice it to say it is no longer under my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing you did about 3 years ago but I was walking around town and fell in a little hole.. lol... I can laugh about it now but it sure as heck wasn't funny when it happened!! I'm glad your doing better!....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card as always Nancy. Glad the foot is feeling better too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you choose, would not have though of using them together. Glad to hear your foot is doing better, and it nothing tht serious.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)