Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

*Groovy Wasabi*

I'm happy to report that both boyz had a great first day of school. Matthew is thrilled to have the same teacher as last year and has a couple of his best buddies in his class again. Alex isn't a fan of his long day (thanks to being on a bus), but it sounds like he is going to have a great year in the new-to-him program at the Jr. High. He came home with so much to talk about... something new to us.... usually we have to ask a lot of questions, but yesterday he just went on and on.

Last night we did our annual "back to school" dinner out and decided to go to Tony Romas as we hadn't been there in ages. Matthew ordered his standard dinner out meal... chicken strips. Half-way through the first strip, he says "Yuck"... I look and while the outside is nice and crispy, the inside was still pink! I nearly died. I broke apart all of his strips and sure enough, not one of them was fully cooked. I called over our waitress who brought over the manager who then went into the kitchen and laid into the cook staff. We got Matthew's dinner for free, two free desserts plus the phone number to the restaurant because they wanted to know if Matthew got sick. Thankfully Matthew was fine last night... no tummy troubles at all. They brought him more chicken (and made sure it was fully cooked... although I checked too just to be sure) but Matthew wasn't really into the chicken at that point. I didn't blame him honestly. So, just a warning if your kids eat chicken strips... don't assume that because they're crispy they are cooked... pop them open and check them before they start to eat!

So, on to my card...

I decided I wanted to play with some of the new Stampin' Up colours so I grabbed Wild Wasabi and Groovy Guava. I am so in love with all of the 2007/2008 In Color colours.... ahhhh

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava
*Ink: Stampin' Up Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi
*Images: Stampin' Up Baroque Motifs and Warm Words
*Embellishments: Bling

8 comments:

  1. Great card Nancy. I really like the wasabi and gauva together. I look forward to stamping for myself and not wedding related next month. Thanks for the blogger friend recognition. I will post on my blog in the next couple of days. Busy with my new long days of working again. Hopefully I fall into a routine for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Card, OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the layout and color combo! STUNNING! (Can you tell I like it? HA HA!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am glad to hear that Matthew was okay. Pretty scary! I will definitely check from now on!

    Love this card...just got my shipment of new colors too...can't wait to play!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eww about the chicken. I'm impressed on how the restaurant handled it though. Good for them. And I don't even have to say how great your cards are...because they are ALWAYS great!! Oh ya. Coming out of lurk mode more now. Poor you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those colors too!! I bought some of them in my last SU order , but haven't tried them out yet, now I will have to soon!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy! I just wrote you a thank you on my blog for the wonderful RAK you sent me!!! I received it just before I left for the summer and had no time to post a thank you! THANKS SO MUCH!!! I am SO sorry it took me this long! BTW, love this card and your boys look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...pretty card. I really like your colors and the little guava flowers. Pretty.
    Janet
    aka Jessica'sMom

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! I especially love you color combo.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)