Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2007

*Oh Christmas Tree*

What a weekend it's been....

Friday night was nice... Matthew took off for Cub Camp around 6pm, Alex was picked up to go babysitting around 6:30 so Bruce and I hit a local pub for dinner and to watch some of the Flames Game on the big screen there. We came home, watched some TV, Alex got home around 11 and we all went to bed.

And then the fun started

Bruce ended up with either the stomach flu or food poisoning and was up and down and in agony all night long. Wake up Saturday morning and my cold is worse, Bruce is still in agony and sick, Alex has a headache and just doesn't feel well.

My cold wasn't so bad that I couldn't enjoy heading off to a Halloween Party with our friends, leaving Bruce (who started to feel better late in the afternoon) and Alex on the couch.

Bruce is better this morning, Alex is better this morning, and my cold symptoms have me totally wiped out. And Matthew will be home from camp in about an hour.

What a weekend.

I am hoping to head down to craft for a while once I get this blog post done...

On to the card....

I created this card using the Great Impressions Christmas tree I bought a few weeks ago. I had a friend over one afternoon who stamps a little but not much. She saw this stamp on my table and asked what I would do with it. So I quickly inked it up with black ink, stamped it on white cardstock and then took a green marker and went over all of the lines of the tree. I then used my Sakura Quickie Glue pen and some ultra fine red glitter to add some decorations to the tree. She was impressed and told me I couldn't just let it sit... that I had to make it into a card sometime.

So Denise, this card is for you!

Items Used: (everything Stampin' Up! unless noted)
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp (R), True Thyme (R)
*Patterned Paper: Holiday Thyme (R)
*Images: Great Impressions
*Ink: Basic Black Classic; Stampin' Write Markers in Summer Sun, Garden Green, Creamy Caramel
*Embellishments: Sakura Stardust Gel Pen (the stars on the patterned paper), ultra fine Red glitter with the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend!! Hope you are all feeling better now.

    Cute card. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all is well now, Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a fabulous stamp. love the card

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)