Pages

Thursday, November 01, 2007

*November??*

Happy November everyone! I don't honestly know where the time has gone or how we've gotten to November already, but here we are! I was out and about for a bit yesterday morning and honestly, it started to feel to me like we were getting closer to Christmas (which, obviously, we are). There was something in the air. I dunno.

Halloween was good in our house. Our older son (Alex, grade 7) decided to not dress up this year. He wasn't even all that interested in handing out the candy last night. I will admit to being a little disappointed that my boy feels too old to Trick or Treat. But it was good that there was one less costume to plan. Matthew went out with his Dad and friends of ours. He was a skeleton. He wasn't totally into getting a tonne of candy and was home after about an hour with a lot less candy than we've seen in previous years.

I was very disappointed in how few kids came to our door... all the neighbours were home and handing out this year, lots of lights on, the weather was good... but still our numbers were pretty low when you consider how many kids live in our community. I love seeing the kids coming to the door.... they all look so cute!

As you probably noticed, I don't "do" Hallowe'en Stamping. It's not as big here in Canada as it is in the US. It would never occur to me to send a "Happy Hallowe'en" card to someone. That's why you keep getting Christmas Cards!

This is another card using "Big On Christmas". I just love this set. So good if you like to colour a little. I'm also pleased with the colour combination I used. I used this one a few times last year as well. I like that it's "Christmas-y" without being those traditional colours.

Items Used: (all Stampin' Up! unless noted)
*Cardstock: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue
*Patterned Paper: in Certainly Celery
*Images: Big on Christmas
*Ink: Basic Black Classic; Stampin' Write Markers in Regal Rose, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel
*Tools: single hole punch to create "ticket" corners
*Embellishments: Sakura Stardust Gel Pen (coloured over top of markers in image); Stickles

2 comments:

  1. Love this Xmas card Nancy!..love the colors you've chosen and the way you colored the letters differently.
    We got more than our usual amount of kids this year...it was beautiful out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Nancy!

    I think with them changing daylight savings it made a difference too. We did'nt really start to get any kids till around 7:00 and then by 8:00 they were done. We had about 65 though.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)