Pages

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

*Don't Be Shocked*

I have to admit something.... as you know, I work at The Scrapbook Pantry. The name of the store tells you, it's a scrapbook store. Sure, there are some stamps (with more on order!), but our main focus is scrapbooking.

I? Do not scrapbook.

I stamp. I card.

I do not scrapbook.

So glad to have that off my chest.

Unfortunately (at least for me), the owner of the store (Hey Crystal!) thought it would be a great idea to have each of the staff members make a page of themselves to be hung in the store. The requirements were that we had to have our name and our photo on the page.

While Crystal was at CHA, I came upon this blog post and fell in love with the layout on the left side of the first post. I looked through the store, found the products that were "me" and off I went. In a matter of an hour, I had completed this....

Yes, my first real scrapbook page.

Sure, it's not totally designed by me. But I'm OK with that. I think that the page is "me"... the diamonds; the black and white with the punch of red; the big flowers; the Stickles.

I have been told I need to add some journalling... I am thinking I will use a white gel pen one of these days and add some words to describe me along the sides of the top and bottom diamonds.

The most shocking part?? I enjoyed the process. I would love to try it again but come up with my own design.

I don't think I'll ever have albums and albums full of scrapbook pages of all the important days of our lives, but I could see pulling together a page for a special occasion once in a while.

I might become a semi-scrapbooker yet....

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page Nancy!!! I found your blog via Tracy's blog, and I am so very glad I did! I envy you working in a scrapbook store - I want my own! I am a HUGE scrapbooker, stamper, cardmaker etc. and your page is totally awesome! I think you are a natural! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love this page. You did such an awesome job on this one. I will be joining you soon on the scrapbooking. As soon as our trip is done, I will have a couple thousand pics to scrap!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh nancy...babycakes..don't be shocked but as far as I'm concerend you've been a scrapbooker forever! Just add a pretty pic to the front of those cards and you have a layout baby!!Whahaha.. (insert evil laugh here)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page Nancy. Sorry I have been MIA for a long time but I am back and will check in daily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page Nancy! Love it! Now I should say I do not scrap anymore..which unfortunately is becoming the truth, since stamping took over.

    I love the look of those little ribbons...save some for me next time I'm in town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Nancy! Look forward to seeing many more layouts now that you are a pro!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely scrapbook either. But I sure love the stores!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page Nancy...the colors and layout are both fantastic...even if you did scraplift some of it! I like the idea of scrapping...but I'm more of an instant gratification person who needs the quickness of cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...that's a winner and certainly worth CASEing myself! Do you have to journal on it? That is the part that I am so not "into"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, you are a scrapbooker because you have just taken a bigger space with card making ideas and turned it into a beautiful piece. I think I own a scrapbook and craft store already in 2 rooms-lol, but if I worked in one, I wouldn't make any money. Great job, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, the page is absolutely beautiful. I am so impressed. Might have to "steal" the idea from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This page is Gorgeous Nancy..and it looks like you have been doing it forever. I would like to scrapbook...just haven't had the time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy! Hi it is Cindy from Dottis,
    I too have just started to scrapbook after years of doing cards and although they arent as great as some, I do love embellishments and they look pretty good.
    Have fun cos I have found it can be addicting- my problem was getting started. Now it is to stop and make supper lol
    Cindy G
    cin_40@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im so proud of you Nancy. What's that??? A tear in my eye????? You did a great job! It's beautiful!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love it, Nancy! I'm not a scrapper either, BTW. Sadly, I haven't even had much time for card making lately, but it's definitely my preference. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Nancy! I love the layout and the colours! Awesome job! I do believe, my dear, that you're a scrapbooker, now! lol :)
    I don't scrapbook either, my Mum puts me to shame, she's scrapbooked me and both my girls...great to have a crafty Mum! lol :)
    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. heh heh heh! One way or another, we will bring you over to the scrappin' side! I love your page! It rocks AND rolls. Any time you decide to do that Book of Me, you are welcome to join in my challenge group! ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)