Wednesday, March 05, 2008

*Don't Be Shocked*

I have to admit something.... as you know, I work at The Scrapbook Pantry. The name of the store tells you, it's a scrapbook store. Sure, there are some stamps (with more on order!), but our main focus is scrapbooking.

I? Do not scrapbook.

I stamp. I card.

I do not scrapbook.

So glad to have that off my chest.

Unfortunately (at least for me), the owner of the store (Hey Crystal!) thought it would be a great idea to have each of the staff members make a page of themselves to be hung in the store. The requirements were that we had to have our name and our photo on the page.

While Crystal was at CHA, I came upon this blog post and fell in love with the layout on the left side of the first post. I looked through the store, found the products that were "me" and off I went. In a matter of an hour, I had completed this....

Yes, my first real scrapbook page.

Sure, it's not totally designed by me. But I'm OK with that. I think that the page is "me"... the diamonds; the black and white with the punch of red; the big flowers; the Stickles.

I have been told I need to add some journalling... I am thinking I will use a white gel pen one of these days and add some words to describe me along the sides of the top and bottom diamonds.

The most shocking part?? I enjoyed the process. I would love to try it again but come up with my own design.

I don't think I'll ever have albums and albums full of scrapbook pages of all the important days of our lives, but I could see pulling together a page for a special occasion once in a while.

I might become a semi-scrapbooker yet....

17 comments:

Alexandra said...

What a beautiful page Nancy!!! I found your blog via Tracy's blog, and I am so very glad I did! I envy you working in a scrapbook store - I want my own! I am a HUGE scrapbooker, stamper, cardmaker etc. and your page is totally awesome! I think you are a natural! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tracy.H said...

I still love this page. You did such an awesome job on this one. I will be joining you soon on the scrapbooking. As soon as our trip is done, I will have a couple thousand pics to scrap!! ;0)

Laurie said...

oh nancy...babycakes..don't be shocked but as far as I'm concerend you've been a scrapbooker forever! Just add a pretty pic to the front of those cards and you have a layout baby!!Whahaha.. (insert evil laugh here)

kathy said...

What a great page Nancy. Sorry I have been MIA for a long time but I am back and will check in daily

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Awesome page Nancy! Love it! Now I should say I do not scrap anymore..which unfortunately is becoming the truth, since stamping took over.

I love the look of those little ribbons...save some for me next time I'm in town!

Jennifer R said...

Way to go Nancy! Look forward to seeing many more layouts now that you are a pro!!!LOL

Jan Scholl said...

I rarely scrapbook either. But I sure love the stores!

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful page Nancy...the colors and layout are both fantastic...even if you did scraplift some of it! I like the idea of scrapping...but I'm more of an instant gratification person who needs the quickness of cards. :-)

Allison said...

Wow...that's a winner and certainly worth CASEing myself! Do you have to journal on it? That is the part that I am so not "into"...

The Urban Chic said...

Nancy, you are a scrapbooker because you have just taken a bigger space with card making ideas and turned it into a beautiful piece. I think I own a scrapbook and craft store already in 2 rooms-lol, but if I worked in one, I wouldn't make any money. Great job, Pat

Heather said...

Nancy, the page is absolutely beautiful. I am so impressed. Might have to "steal" the idea from you!

Ila said...

This page is Gorgeous Nancy..and it looks like you have been doing it forever. I would like to scrapbook...just haven't had the time yet.

Cindy said...

Nancy! Hi it is Cindy from Dottis,
I too have just started to scrapbook after years of doing cards and although they arent as great as some, I do love embellishments and they look pretty good.
Have fun cos I have found it can be addicting- my problem was getting started. Now it is to stop and make supper lol
Cindy G
cin_40@hotmail.com

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Im so proud of you Nancy. What's that??? A tear in my eye????? You did a great job! It's beautiful!
Hugs.

Melissa said...

Oooh, I love it, Nancy! I'm not a scrapper either, BTW. Sadly, I haven't even had much time for card making lately, but it's definitely my preference. :-)

Julie Mutch said...

This is gorgeous, Nancy! I love the layout and the colours! Awesome job! I do believe, my dear, that you're a scrapbooker, now! lol :)
I don't scrapbook either, my Mum puts me to shame, she's scrapbooked me and both my girls...great to have a crafty Mum! lol :)
Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Hugs,
Julie

bin scrappin said...

heh heh heh! One way or another, we will bring you over to the scrappin' side! I love your page! It rocks AND rolls. Any time you decide to do that Book of Me, you are welcome to join in my challenge group! ha ha ha.