Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

*Better Photo?*

I decided that I should take the photo of the card I am sharing with you today, outside instead of in my deep dark basement on my stamp table with my Ott lite providing the lighting... is it better outside or inside?

I'd love to know your opinion... anyone who leaves a comment and lets me know what they think about the indoor vs outdoor photos will be entered into a draw for blog candy.... I will draw for it on the weekend!!

So, let me know your thoughts.... inside or outside (when the weather is good)??

I made this card yesterday afternoon, following the MojoMonday Sketch for this week (#88). I've had this paper hanging around for a few months now and finally found myself inspired to use it!

The colours I used are Whisper White, Basic Black, So Saffron and Bravo Burgundy. The patterned paper is by The Paper Loft. I used my Nestibilities (including my brand new inverted scallop circles!) as well as the Flower Creations plate from Spellbinders (and I used them in my Big Shot). I added some black brads and some stitched ribbon to finish off the sketch.

I wasn't sure about the card as I was putting it together, but am really drawn to it now that it is completed. It's summery and fun without being too bright and busy. Does that make sense?

I think I'm going to turn off the computer for a bit and head out to the back yard with a book. I was at the library this morning to pick up some books I had on hold... haven't had a book to read since Saturday! Poor timing and planning on my part LOL!

Enjoy your day!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

12 comments:

  1. the colours look brighter outside.
    Did you re-do yesterday's post too?
    -bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love taking the photos outside, the natural sun is so much better! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and I would definitely say...outside all the way baby!! I will have to start taking my pics outside now too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that your cards look great in either environment but the natural light is refreshing to see - spring is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love all the layering.
    Well done. I'm not sure that it makes a difference one way or another where you take pictures as long as there is enough light and
    it is well focused.
    It is refreshing to see the picture of the card taken outside as it just adds an extra warm touch.
    TFS and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for outside when possible!!

    Love the new blog background!!

    TFS your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures taken outside. The colors just seem clearer.
    I love that paper...and your cards are always amazing!
    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the outside picture looks better - gives you a truer sense of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Outside!

    Great use of the sketch and those papers are covet-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that taking pictures outside is definitely the best. If you can't have that then you need a flash that you can direct up to the ceiling to get an all around light.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jennifer BerwangerMay 29, 2009 3:14 pm

    Nancy, love the card! My vote is for the pictures taken outside. The color are brighter and you can see more details. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)