Pages

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

*The House To Myself*

I enjoy having the house to myself for a portion of the day (and once in a while, I love having it to myself for several days at a time!). It's just quiet. And relaxing. I feel like there is room to breathe.

I love my family, enjoy their company... but it's nice to have some space to myself in my house. After a weekend alone, I crave their company... but these days to myself while the rest of my family is off at work or school are golden. Today I walked the dog before it got too hot, had breakfast, tidied a few rooms, ran a few errands, had lunch, did some computer stuff, updated my blog.... and Matthew should be home from school any minute.

Seems like forever since I made this card... and I suppose it is... I created it at the Summer Scraptacular back in June! I've crafted since then and have had items that were "time sensitive" to get on to my blog so the other cards have been pushed back.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic Black and Melon Mambo
*Tools: Big Shot; Nestabilities; Spots & Dots Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
*Embellishments: sheer ribbon

The word "friend" was hand printed....


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. Love it and the colors too, Nancy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think I can drop the girls off so I can have that "House to myself" experience?

    Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand completely about "golden" time . I love my family to bits but space is nice too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to the joy of "alone time." Too much isn't good, but some is necessary to regroup. Both my boys are in all-day school this year in the same building. In the next few weeks, I'll start volunteering in the building a bit, but for now, I'm enjoying the quiet, too.

    Great card! Such a fun way to use the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this card Nancy - very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)