Here it is, New Years Eve morning.... the house is quiet as I'm the only one up. There's a light snow falling out my window. And I think WOW... another year come and gone. A brand new year to wake up to in the morning.
I am so blessed in so many ways and I sometimes forget that and focus on the negatives instead. So, for today and for future reference, here are only a few of the things I have in my corner...
1. I have a husband who loves me and who likes me (there is a difference). Sure, we have difficulties from time to time (who wouldn't after 18 years of marriage??) but at the end of the day he's there to spoon me while I fall asleep. After 18 years of marriage, we still like to hold hands. He loves me. What's better than that?
2. I have two sons who are good kids. They're by no means perfect, but they are loving, caring members of society. I wish they would apply themselves more, would remember the important stuff more, but really? What does it all matter. They are happy and healthy and they treat others fairly. And they respect their parents. And they still give me hugs once in a while. I love them.
3. I have a Mom and two sisters who are always around to support me and to love me. Yes, they live too far away to see regularly, but there's this wonderful invention called the Internet that allows us to be close.
4. I miss my Dad a lot... wish he was still around... but he died knowing I love him.... and me knowing that he loved me. That's very important! And my kids were old enough that they remember him. That's important too!
5. I have some wonderful friends who hold me when I cry, and celebrate my achievements. Friends can be more like family sometimes... and that's a good thing.
6. I am blessed with a comfortable house, a car that runs, a safe neighbourhood with good schools, and all sorts of other things that so many others don't have. I can't imagine being anywhere else right now.
7. Despite a few bumps in the road, my life is good...
So, on to the reason you are here... to see the final card of 2009. I created this card back in November to give to my very good friend Denise for her birthday. She has a real thing for pink and she saw a card I received like this and kept bugging me to make one. So I made it for her!
*Cardstock: PaperTreyInk White; Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
*Images: Hero Arts; Inkadinkadoo
*Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Copics
*Embellishments: Prima flower; unknown brad; Kaiser Rhinestones
*Inspiration: I found this pattern HERE
So, that's it's for 2009... 176 different designs. There were more cards than that made since several were made in batches of 5 for Tracy's Christmas Card Challenge. But 176 different designs. I'm pleased with that. I did 157 different designs in 2008 and 191 in 2007. And only 83 in 2006! WOW!!! Very interesting!
I don't have a goal in mind for next year, but I'd sure like to see more than what I did in 2006 LOL!
I truly hope that the best day you experienced in 2009 will be your worst day of 2010!
If you are going out and about tonight, please stay safe.... find a designated driver, stay close to home, think responsibly.... and have a good time!
Happy New Year!