Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

*It Wasn't Easy!*

It took a long time, but I managed to make a card.

When I decided to stamp, I wanted to do two things:
1.  I wanted to use  my Copics
2.  I didn't want to rely on a sketch or other challenge (which I do a lot of lately)

So this card isn't spectacular, but it's something I did, all on my own, over the course of a few hours.  I am very pleased with the colouring I did. Love that I used I stamp that hasn't seen ink in more than a handful of years.  And I'm happy that I did it without aid of a sketch or using someone else's card as a guideline.

It's simple, but that's OK
See... simple...

Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Basic Black and Summer Sun; PaperTreyInk white
*Images:  PSX
*Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Copic Markers
*Tools:  Big Shot; Nestabilities
*Embellishments:  black ribbon
*Challenges:  EONAC4


This card uses a stamp that I had to have many years ago...  a beautiful stamp by PSX.  I just love tulips and this image screamed to me when I saw it at the store.  I used it quite a bit with Radiant Pearls back in the day.  But it's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while now.  I could never part with it...  it's far too beautiful!  Thanks to Allison and Sue, I had an excuse to play with this image again.  
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. That's a whole lot of coloring! It looks terrific esp. In the yellows. Nice layout to showcase the stamp. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got this stamp too! Definitely too pretty to get rid of! Your coloring is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful card. Love the image. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring! Keeping the card simple allows the fab image to really shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great Nancy! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Nancy. I have it too, along with the tiny mini 1 inch of the same, and tulips are my fav flower to colour. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)