Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

*Happy Holidays*

It is very fitting that I am posting a Christmas card today.... it's currently just barely above the freezing mark here in Calgary and we had some snow overnight!  Thankfully I hadn't yet planted my bedding plants so I put them under the patio table and covered them with a sheet.  I was worried as they were predicting 10-20 cms of snow (that's 4-8 inches) and I didn't want them to get crushed under the weight of that much wet snow.

Thankfully we didn't get that much snow... not sure how much fell, but it's not deep in the grass at all.  And the roads and my driveway are only wet.

Yes, it really is the 28th of May

Sigh

Yesterday I played with two challenges to create these cards to show you.... one was Tracy's Christmas Card Challenge (see Tracy's blog by clicking on the link under CalGals to the right).  This month we had a colour challenge.... any shade of red, cream/vanilla, dark brown and kraft.  I combined that challenge with the FTL89 sketch at Clean and Simple.


First, the shot that shows I made five
And now one to show a little more detail (not that there is much for detail on a clean and simple card!
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Kraft
*Images:  Verve Winerwonderland; Stampin' Up! Frosty
*Ink:  Stampin' Up! Riding Hood Red
*Tools:  Big Shot; Nestabilities
*Challenges:  Tracy's Christmas Card Challenge; FTL89


I don't know about the cards.....  I like them, but I think they need something.... but I think that's the point of a clean and simple layout....  so I will leave them alone!

Enjoy your weekend everyone.... I get to start mine off in a good way with an evening with the CalGals at Shannon's house tonight!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. Great CAS card and nice colors! This is a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great, Nancy! Thanks for playin'...even if I didn't even get my own challenge done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nancy, you know I love CAS! You're right. They don't need a thing, but I would put a speck of bling in the centers of the snowflakes...because I'm addicted to bling.

    Hugs re your weather. We're in the high 80s, and I'd love to average our weather with yours. Then we'd both be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can dream of flowers, any time you want. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cards. They make me think of peppermint swirl hard candies for some reason!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)