Pages

Thursday, May 06, 2010

*The Post Where I Won't Talk About The Weather*

No sense talking about it.... not like there's anything new to report.

LOL

I had a wonderfully crafty day yesterday...  I got up and cleaned my house, got myself showered and dressed and then came down to my craft room and turned on iTunes (and later some TV).... and I managed to craft for several hours and make a grand total of 7 (yes SEVEN) cards!  I haven't been that productive in one day in a very very very very very very long time.  Of course, most of the cards I made used a sketch or a design I had found online, but that's OK with me!

This, however, is not one of the cards I created yesterday... but one from this week.  I wanted to get it posted for the Fall To Layout challenge this week over at the Clean and Simple blog.  I am finding myself more and more drawn to more simple cards lately.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Bazzill Bling; PaperTrey Ink White
*Patterned Paper:  Imaginisce
*Images:  Rhona Farrer Swirls; Stampin' Up! Baroque Motifs; Impress
*Ink:  Versamagic Key Lime; Brilliance Pearescent Orchid
*Tools:  Corner Chomper
*Embellishmens:  pink satin ribbon
*Challenges:  FTL88


The ribbon came off of the package of Crave Cupcakes Bruce bought me for Valentine's Day.  Usually they use that wonderful dark brown satin, but for Valentine's it was pink.  I don't get Crave often, but when I do, I savour every bite!

I think I may try a few of the layouts in the Go To Sketches magazine I bought at Michaels a few weeks ago and promptly forgot about... all while watching old episodes of "Lost".  I started watching "Lost" in January online, borrowed DVDs from my sister and am now watching the current season, only I'm about 8 episodes behind.  Yup, I'm catching up just in time for the damn show to end!  LOL!

Enjoy your Thursday!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty. I love the combination of stripes and swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very springy. even with the snow, we can wish. OUrs may come tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it, Nancy!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very soft and pretty! I love the stamping around the edges, and how they frame the sentiment! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your temperature!! lol And I love the color combo of pink and green on your pretty card. And also like you I cannot wait for that show that gets on my nerves to be finally over!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty combination of stripes and swirls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Nancy....I must say that I do have a liking for the more simpler card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)