Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

*Happy 40th Sam*

Today, one of my oldest friends turns the big 4-0!  Sandra (we all call her Sam) and I met way back when....  in kindergarten in 1975!  There is only one friend that I am still close with that I have known longer, and a handful of others that I've known pretty much as long.

It's rare to have a friend who's known you for so long... who knows so much about you...

I am blessed to have these friends... no question.

And, as I said, today Sam turns 40!  We are heading out to Calgary Chophouse for dinner tonight to celebrate.... I'm looking forward to a wonderful steak dinner!

I know how much Sam loves the colour orange so I did my best to create a card for her, using the colour orange... and I used the sketch for this weeks Fall To Layout from the Clean and Simple blog as my starting point.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Classic Crest White; Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise
*Patterned Paper:  Fancy Pants
*Images:  Stampin Up! Occasional Quotes
*Ink:  Onyx Black VersaFine
*Embellishments:  Petaloo; Doodlebug brad; Stampin' Up! ribbon
*Challenges:  FTL120


It nearly killed me to use a flower instead of the snowflake that Natasha used in the sketch....  I'm trying very hard to not make any  more Christmas cards and am finding it hard!!  I LOVE my Christmas stamps and creating Christmas cards....  but if I keep making them now I won't need to make any next year! LOL!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the bright and happy colors you used on this one! What better way to celebrate a big birthday then with LOTS of sparkle? :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)