Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

*Striped Squares*

Happy Hump Day everyone....  what makes this Wednesday even better, at least in my mind, is that I have nothing planned for the day.  I should probably run to the grocery store and the bank.

I might also run out to get a Christmas present... I thought of an idea for someone yesterday and want to make sure I can find it.  I should probably hit a few stores to look for stocking stuffers for Bruce and the boyz as well.... hmmmmmm

This evening is testing at TaeKwon Do and Matthew will be testing for his Red Stripe.  Alex will not be testing for the first time ever, but it's not because he's not doing well... he should be testing in the spring for his black belt!  This is our first testing since the school expanded and I believe there are 31 people testing tonight...  it could be a long evening... I'm guessing about 90 minutes.  I'm looking forward to watching some of the little ones as they always make me smile!

I sure hope you're not tired of the Christmas cards I made at the retreat I went to...  since I had to pack my stuff to fly across the country, I decided to limit my colour palette to match the My Mind's Eye stack I purchased at Michaels.  It worked out well for me since I liked so many of the papers in the stack.  The papers I didn't like I pulled out of the stack and put in the freebie bin at the retreat.
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Stampin' Up! Wild Wasabi; Bazzill
*Patterned Paper:  TPC
*Images:  Impression Obsession
*Ink:  Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler
*Tools:  Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities
*Embellishments:  unknown snowflake brad; Kaiser Pearls
*Challenges:  FTL18

I have one complaint about this card... I shouldn't have used a striped paper for the little squares... I think I would have been better off had I used a different patten.

I got the idea for the card from the Fall To Layout #18 on the Clean and Simple blog... the layout was for a square card but I decided to make it in to a standard card instead.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)