Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

*That Was A Long Day*

I was at the school from 9:30 am until just before 9:30pm yesterday working on the food fundraisers for the band.  We worked hard from 9:30 until lunch, took a 20 minute break to eat, then worked hard again until about 3 when all of the orders were sorted and the packages put in alphabetical order.  Then it was quiet until about 5:30 when people were coming to pick up their orders and the kids were in the band room warming up.

I was able to get to the gym to hear the Sr High band perform which was all that really mattered to me.  They did well.

Most of the fundraiser went off without a hitch... there were a few glitches but nothing we couldn't handle.

The worst part was the leg pain from standing so long on a cement floor!!!

Glad it's over!

Now to find the time to do my Christmas shopping, sign and address and mail my Christmas cards, and finish finding clothes and bathing suits for the boyz for our Christmas trip....  maybe next week LOL!!

Here's a card that almost came out the way I had hoped..... even if I was covered in glitter when all was said and done!
Items Used:
*Cardstock:  Classic Crest White
*Images:  PTI Signature Christmas
*Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black; Black Copic
*Tools:  Big Shot; Spellbinders Labels 8
*Embellishments:  Peel-off Stickers; Glitter Ritz; Sakura Stardust pen
*Challenges:  FTL116


You can't see it in the photo (sadly, many of my cards had to photographed inside with not perfect lighting thanks to too much snow on my deck!) but the ornaments are really glittery.  I put the stickers on to Scor-Tape and then glittered them with some of the Glitter Ritz I brought home from Mom's craft room.

Hope you like!


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

8 comments:

  1. It's absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very lovely! I like how simple it is and the sparkle in the ornaments is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous card.

    How did you make out with the lady that was giving you such a hard time with the fundraising project?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy
    I love the simplicity and beauty of this card.
    I keep a Swiffer duster on my craft table. Great for removing glitter, little bits of paper and best of all I can just run it over the cat who sits on my craft table and remove all the glitter she has collected. lol
    No more glitter all over the house, etc.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely, elegant card! I like the sparkle (and I'm sure you look great glittered too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love all the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What terrific sparkly ornaments these are.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)