Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

*Back To The Gym*

It's very silly, I know, but I've been afraid to go back to the gym.  Several years ago, I really enjoyed the gym.  I was doing some cardio and some weights and actually seeing a difference in my body.  And then I started to gain weight and the more I gained, the less I wanted to go to the gym.

My husband has been pretty good about the gym.  He does go through fits and spurts but he makes so much more of an effort that I do.

This morning he asked me to join him.... it took me a while and I sulked the entire way there, but I decided to go.

And it wasn't so bad.

Only problem is that my hip flexor is bugging me again and 30 minutes on a treadmill set at 3.5mph has left my left hip feeling very stiff and rather sore.  Yes, I've been stretching and yes, I will stretch it more.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and about 20 minutes of weights with their circuit machines.

Maybe one day I will be brave enough to head back to the free weights....

My plan is to go again on Thursday morning....  I think.  :-)

I had fun creating this card... I really like how it turned out....
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz
*Images: Stampin' Up! All Holidays
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz
*Tools: Big Shot; D'vine Swirl and Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing foldes
*Embellishments: Doodlebug brad
*Challenges:  Mojo171; Curtain Call Color Challenge Act 62

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. Don't let your setback get to you. I went through the same crisis. It really bothered me to be exercizing and watching what I ate but still gaining weight. For me, looking back, I think that was the start of menopause (I was around 45 yo at the time). If I had had any idea of the cause it might not have been so devastating and maybe easier to keep up with my exercize routine. I am just now getting back to it - and you are right - it's hard but I will be so much happier if I have some control over this situation. Good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! So elegant. Good luck with the gym thing - you're doing better than many of us! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy....Love your card. Nice and simple just the way I like it. This is a little bit of encouragement....start going back to the gym. Do a little at a time and you'll get back into the routine. You'll feel a lot better. I'm still healing from foot surgery back in Oct. but I'm doing a little excercising at home and it makes a whirl of difference. Do it! You'll feel alot better... Love your blog! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. love the shape and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on heading back to the gym! I made the commitment to spend a lot more time there in the new year, so far, so good...although some days are tougher then others to get motivated. Great card today! Love allof the texture and the soft colors. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! The texture and colors are fabulous.

    It is always hard to get back into the swing of things if you fall out of the habit of exercise. Remember it takes a while to re-establish a good habit. I dread going to the gym too. I started going to Jazzercise classes (low impact) and am really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, Nancy! Keep at it. Make sure to hydrate and stretch and just stay constant. You and your body will thank you. I keep trying too...just can not seem to stay consistant...meaning something always gets in the way! There needs to be more hours in the day, or I need to require less sleep!! ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)