Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

*Attempt At A Masculine Card*

The challenge over at Less is More this week is to create a masculine card.  Gah!

I don't know how many of you remember this, but I never make cards for guys.  Everything I want to do makes the card look too girly.  I have a really tough time with it.

My first thought when I read masculine card was the colour combination .... black, white and red.  Not that those colours are only used for a masculine card, but it's what came to my head.

And then I broke out the Lattice Sizzix die from Stampin' Up! (that I bought months ago and had never used) and went to work.

I don't know how masculine the card is, but ....
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
*Images: Impress
*Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
*Tools: Big Shot; Stampin' Up! Sizzix Lattice die
*Challenges:  LessIsMore#7



It took everything in me to not add some bling to this card!!!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

20 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC card Nancy
    I love it!
    Thanks so much, great to see you
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Okay...why did you not tell me you had this at the last Calgals? I am gonna have to borrow this next time and cut out a bunch...love it! Oh ya...said that already. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Nancy, colours works really well for a masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, well done.
    Maureen.......x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bold colours are always a winner for a chap's card!
    Thanks for joining us !
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, its awesome, don't feel bad i have the worst time with guy cards too. I hardly do them unless i have a male digi that i'm coloring...i think to date on my blog i may have posted one which was this week, or maybe two i can't even remember...:):)
    You did great. www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!!! The colour combo is very striking
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really sophisticated, classy man's card!!!!!
    Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a great masculine card! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it! Great design :) If you don't have any, get some Distress Stickles- they're the perfect 'bling' for male cards, and would look fab spread over your die cut shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and very masculine. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Works for me! I think you've made a great male card. Very striking.
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great masculine card Nancy and well done for not adding the bling :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great lattice shape, larger than i've seen before but i like it very much.
    Very elegant card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd have no problem giving this gorgeous card to a guy...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card
    Hug Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's perfect! Love the colour combo too! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)