Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

*ColourQ Mojo*

I'm happy to report that the Vet believes that Milo (aka chicken bone boy) is going to be just fine.  We were back at the vet office today for more Xrays and things look OK...  We are going to have to keep an eye on him for a few more days, and keep him on the special canned food for another day or so, but it looks like all is well.

Such a relief as I couldn't even begin to imagine how expensive the surgery would have been!!!  Not to mention the thoughts I had of Milo not making it through the whole ordeal....

After the vet, I enjoyed a few hours with a stamping friend whom I haven't seen in a long time...  Glenna lives in the neighbourhood and our kids go to school together, but our lives are just so nuts that we haven't seen each other in forever.  We were going to play but ended up chatting for a few hours.  I then showed her how I colour with Copics and she coloured for a bit while we chatted.  It was great to have a chance to visit.

I created this card over a 24 hour period....  I pulled the colours for the ColourQ challenge and hemmed and hawed over what to do with them before deciding to put them with the current Mojo challenge.  And then it took a while for me actually put the card together.

I'm not sure I'm in love....
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cool Caribbean
*Images: Verve Floral Whimsy; Rhona Farrer Swirls
*Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
*Tools: Stampin' Up! border punch; Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities
*Embellishments: Michael's Bridal flower; Kaiser Rhinestone
*Challenges:  Mojo181; ColourQ75



I like it more than I thought I would as I was working on the card, but it just seems too much for my taste.  I think I had a different idea of how these colours would work together in my head.

I'm enjoying a quiet house today (and last night too)... Bruce went off to the mountains last night to go skiing with a friends of ours today.  Matthew is off with his Grandma celebrating his birthday a few days early, and Alex is at school now and then heading to a friends' house until tonight sometime.  I think I will celebrate a longer day of a quiet house by spending some time creating in my craft cave!

Enjoy your day!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. What an elegant card! I really like how you used the colors! Thanks for playing at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great card. You've showed off the colors from the challenge really well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Nancy! Glad Milo will be okay. Daisy ate a rock the other day. She's fine.

    Enjoy The Quiet. They're my favorite band!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, your colors look great, Nancy. Thanks for playing the colourQ with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love the colors - so clean & fresh :0 Thanks for playing Mojo Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Love how the black accents make these colors pop.

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)