Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

*Kinda Funky Thanks*

I sure hope that Mother Nature got the memo today, that it's the start of spring.  We were under a heavy snowfall warning for a while, predicting up to 20cms of snow before Monday morning however the snow was nothing more than a dusting and they've canceled the warning.

I spent yesterday at an amazing event here in Calgary called Crop4Kids.  One of the designers for MondayNightClass.ca has put this crop on for three years now, raising money to support the Alberta Children's Hospital Foundation.  Money is raised in a variety of ways over the 12 hour crop including prize draws, a 50/50 raffle, and this year, they auctioned off a few of the bigger names in Scrapbooking in Western Canada... the winning bidders got to have the scrapbook diva of their choice sit with them at the crop for an hour, to pick their brain on their layouts and ideas. It was a great event and I hope that Jen will go ahead and do it again next year!

I finally had the time and a little mojo to put together my card for the current Clean and Simple challenge. A friend of mine asked me to make a thank you card for her to use so I thought that this challenge would be perfect for a funky card.
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White
*Pattern Paper: Imaginisce
*Images: A Muse
*Ink: Copic Spica; Versafine Onyx Black
*Embellishments: unknown buttons; unknown grosgrain ribbon
*Challenges:  FTL132



I hope my friend likes it!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh i just love the simple designs...thanks so much for sharing..www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and funky!! I got the memo...I'm just glad we didn't get that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word for this card, Nancy: HAPPY! Love the pop of color and the clean design. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)