Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

*Shabby Chic Flowers*

Happy Friday everyone.... and welcome to the start of Spring Break for my kids!  Matthew had yesterday and today off thanks to Parent Teacher interviews and Alex is at school today... but then the only alarm clock in our house will be for Bruce to get up to go to work.

I hate my alarm clock so this is going to be a wonderful break!

The kids are at the age that they just want me to leave them alone for the week they are off.  We'll see if I let that happen or not LOL!  I will have some work to get done during the week, but there will still be some time to get out and do some stuff together if we decide to.

I had fun creating the card for this weeks' Fall To Layout.  At first I was worried because Natasha designed the sketch with the thoughts of people using some of those beautiful but bulky embellishments that don't go through the mail very well.  I'm not drawn to such embellishments so I had nothing here to play with.

Instead I created some very dimensional flowers with the Blossom die from Spellbinders...  I cut 5 layers for each flower out of patterned paper and then spritzed them well with water.  I then scrunched them all up and let them dry before flattening them somewhat.  I then rubbed them with the Rich Cocoa Memento ink to give them that "shabby chic" look..
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Marina Mist
*Pattern Paper: Basic Grey
*Images: Stampin' Up! All Year Cheer I
*Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
*Tools: Big Shot; Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossom
*Embellishments: Doodlebug sugared brads (coloured with a Copic marker)
*Challenges:  FTL133



This will be one of those cards I'll have to hand deliver... and I already know who it's going to be for!

I know a lot of people are intimidated by the more clean and simple cards.... I challenge you to head over to the Clean and Simple blog and play along with the sketch for this week.  I know it took me quite a while to even try the clean and simple look....  and then a while longer to really find my groove with it.... and now it's the style I seem to prefer!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, Just thought I'd say I love this card!!! do I see a bit of dry embossing in the left corner??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funky flowers...like 'em esp. against all that white space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the flowers! enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are so beautiful. I like the colors! Great job here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those flowers! I love that you have dimension and layers but still kept it CAS. Very nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)