Pages

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

*Happy Birthday, Mom*

It's a sad day in my house.... today, April 5th, would have been my Mom's 72nd birthday.  Instead, it is 7 months and one day since her death.

I have cried more in the last few days, missing her with each breath, than I have in a few months.  It's so strange to me that this is the first time in all of my life that I won't be talking to my Mom today.

Anyway.... I created this card several weeks ago when I found the sketches for the Paper Crafts Connection design call for their new card sketches magazine.  I decided to not submit my cards for publication.  Some of them I really liked and I should have submitted them....  but alas...

This is one of the ones I really liked....
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Pear Pizazz
*Images: Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes; unknown sentiment
*Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
*Tools: Stampin' Up! square punches

Mom, you were always more than just my Mom... we were always a friend to me....  we miss you so much, and love you more than you ever could have known.  I am so happy you are no longer in pain and no longer scared of what was to come.  I hate that for you to be pain free, I had to lose my Mom.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you had to lose your Mom at such a young age and that you have to have a year full of pain as you approach the so many firsts without your Mom. Remember that your friends are here for you! Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find my mom's birthday is harder than the anniversary of her death. This past March 27th would have been my mom's 58th birthday..instead she passed away before her 57th birthday. I am sorry for your loss.
    The card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs, Nancy. You have had a rough year and I know today is not an easy day. But rememeber you have lots of family and friends here for you, if you need them. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! I understand your pain....I think I cried more last month than ever before and it has already been two years that my dad died! You are among friends who really care. I am so glad you posted this on your blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)