Pages

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

*I Survived!!*

Yup, I'm being dramatic...

Today I had my first ever root canal... and let me tell you, as my appointment time drew closer, I got more and more worked up about it.  When I was sitting in the chair my hands were shaking like crazy and I was honestly worried that I might pass out.

But the Endodontist made sure he froze everything up really well and I didn't feel a thing!  The freezing is coming out now and there is an ache in my jaw, but it's not any worse (at least not yet) than the pain I was feeling from the tooth before the root canal.

I am a BIG BABY when it comes to the dentist... so if I got through it, you could do it too!  I am truly surprised at how un-terrible it was!

I wished I had booked the appointment differently but I obviously wasn't thinking when I booked it... today marks the 5th anniversary of the day my Dad passed away.  I truly can't believe how quickly 5 years have passed.  I miss Dad every single day...

Anyway... on to the business at hand... sharing a card I really don't like LOL!

Excited to see it???
Items Used:
*Cardstock: PTI White; Stampin' Up! Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze
*Images: Stampin' Up! Pocket Silhouettes
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Pear Pizzazz, Perfect Plum
*Tools: Big Shot; D'Vine Swirl Cuttlebug folder; Nellie's die; Stampin' Up! circle punch, Word Window punch
*Embellishments: Stampin' Up! ribbon; Creative Imagines brad
*Challenges:  Mojo185



I'm just not thrilled with this card.... the colours had potential but I didn't showcase them well.

If you're wondering, I created the green scallop border by cutting out circles with my circle punch  and layering them on the back of the white layer and trimming off the excess on the sides.  It's one way of making different sized scalloped borders.

Enjoy your evening!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss.
    My dad passed away last August and I still don't feel its real.
    Your card is pretty. Love those colours.
    I have had a few root canals (now that doesn't sound good) and i have never had a problem with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that the dentist went better than you thought. I am not a fan of the dentist either...especially after my last one. I need to go to, but keep putting it off. Have a good evening. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)