Pages

Saturday, April 07, 2012

*Reverse Layers*

Happy Easter Weekend all....  I am enjoying my long weekend so far.  I went and got my hair done on Friday and then Bruce and I went off to see "21 Jump Street" on Friday night before going to a friends' house where we played cards for a few hours.  This morning I was up and out to get my nails filled and get a pedicure and have spent a quiet day at home since.  Tomorrow we are having some friends join us for turkey dinner.  I was smart and booked Monday off as a vacation day....  Bruce has to go to work, but the boyz and I will have a quiet day at home.

I am also hoping to find some creative time this weekend....

I created this card a few weeks ago after seeing something similar on Pinterest.  I changed up the die and the colours but loved the idea of the reverse layering...
Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz; unknown shimmer
*Images: Hero Arts Essential Messages
*Ink: Versafine Onyx Black

*Tools: Big Shot; Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch dies; Perfect Layers Tools

I used the waxed paper techcnique to create the background on this card... simply crumple up a piece of waxed paper, smooothed it out and put it between two pieces of cardstock.  I put a piece of scrap paper under the cardstock and on top of the cardstock to protect my surface and iron and then ironed it with a hot dry iron.  The wax transfers to the cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)