Saturday, July 29, 2017

*Tim Holtz Distress Inks*

I went shopping (online) at Scrap'n Stamp the other day and purchased 5 packages of the Tim Holtz Mini Distress Inks... I'd seen so many great watercolour techniques with these inks that I just couldn't help myself!

I used a piece of watercolour paper from Michael's and got it good and wet with my paintbrush and plain water.  I then smooshed ink on to large acrylic block in a rainbow pattern and then sprayed it well with water using a fine mist spray bottle.  I then put the block down on the wet watercolour paper, put a weight on it and let it sit for about 5 minutes.  I let the piece completely dry overnight before I attempted to cut out this fabulous daisy die.  I had to use the metal shim and pass it through my Big Shot a few times to get it to cut out well.  The die set has an outline die as well so I used that to cut out a lavender coloured pearl shimmer cardstock and I adhered that to the back of the daisies.  I then stamped the word HAPPY with one of the distress inks and then the word BIRTHDAY on the inside.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

*Birthday Balloon*

This die set is apparently a knock off of the die by My Favorite Things... and had I known how much smaller it all was, I would have splurged on the MFT one instead.

But I still like how this card turned out.  I would have loved the balloon to have been bigger, but with the smaller panel on front I think it still worked out.


Saturday, July 22, 2017

*Found an Image*

I stamped and coloured this image *years* ago... literally, years ago... and never did anything with it.  I was bored and felt like creating and decided it was finally time to make something with this image.  I was tempted to just throw it out, but I liked how my colouring turned out, so I started to play.  A few Nestabilities and a couple of those old Michael's flowers that I coloured up and voila!

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

*More Time To Stamp*

Life threw me a big curve ball back in May...  after a colonoscopy that I really thought I didn't need, I found out I had a tumour in my colon.  On June 23rd I had surgery to remove about half of my colon.  Thankfully between the surgery and a CT scan, we know that the tumour did not spread past the colon (no other organs were affected and all 43 lymph nodes that were taken during surgery came back as clear).  However, the tumour was quite large (for those that get cancer diagnosis, I am Stage II T4 M0 N0).  I see the oncologist on July 25th to determine if I need chemo or not...

But, because of the surgery, I have had a lot of time on my hands... the surgeon wanted me off work for at least 4 weeks.  I'm just finished week 3 since my surgery and I'm feeling pretty good... so I've found a little time in the last week or 10 days to create.  I've made more cards so far in 2017 than I did in all of 2016 (other than Christmas cards).

This card uses a stamp set from Winnie and Walter, a sentiment from Impress and a bunch of Catherine Pooler inks.  So fun and summery!

Saturday, July 15, 2017

*Terrible Photos*

Please excuse the terrible photos for the next few cards... I didn't realize, until after I'd mailed the cards, that the lens on my iPhone was dirty or whatever, and my photos all looked washed out.  

I bought this daisy die from a group on FB that I belong to...  cheap dies are awesome LOL!  I was just playing around, to see how the die worked and decided to use the black and yellow tests I cut out to create this card.  I just glued them down on the side of the card and stamped the sentiment with black Versafine Ink (my favourite ink for detailed stamps).