Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

*Good Friends*

I was at a Stampin' Up open house ad I saw this stamp set and *had* to have it...  I'm still playing around with the perfect look for it.

For this card I used a sponge dauber and Catherine Pooler inks to create the background.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink and traced around the rubber with a pencil to create the shape.  I then put it through my Brother Scan n Cut to cut it out.  I added a few flowers I had stamped and cut out with my Scan n Cut.  I think maybe the white is a little to drastic, but I still like how it turned out
I sent this card to a friend for her birthday... I've known her since 1976!

I realized I haven't given an update on me since the summer.... 

In mid-July I ended up in the hospital with an infection at the site where they joined my colon to my small intestine.  I ended up in the hospital for 5 days on IV antibiotics.  July 25th, my 27th birthday, I met with my oncologist for the first time and found out that my tumour was a late stage 2 (or could be called early stage 3) so Bruce and I decided that to ensure that the cancer is truly gone I would undergo chemo treatments.  My oncologist told me it would be 2 weeks of pills, one week off for 8 rounds. 

I thought that the oral chemo would be easier on my system... but it wasn't.  I ended up with some pretty severe side effects after my first round so I ended up with an extra week off of pills.  They lowered my dose for round 2 and it has stayed there for round 3 (where I am now).  I am absolutely exhausted at the best of times.  I am working a couple of half days a week and I had hoped to add more time to my schedule but my body just won't allow it. 

I am looking forward to having my life back to "normal"...  bring on January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)