Pages

Sunday, December 31, 2017

*New Years Eve*

Here it is, the end of 2017.... the older I get, the faster each year seems to fly by.  I'm truly amazed that with every thing I've had to deal with this year, that it's gone by as fast as it has.  I'm looking forward to about 7 weeks from now, when I am facing the end of my chemo treatments and can get back to living my life and regaining my energy levels.  I've been feeling pretty good the last two rounds, but still find myself wanting to crawl in to bed at 9pm most nights.  Some days I want a nap too.

The best thing to come from my cancer diagnosis has been the desire and time to create again.  I hope that this continues on in to the new year and past when I go back to work.  Fingers are crossed!

I stopped making Christmas cards early in the month and made a couple of birthday cards.  My sister is here visiting from Ontario and we spent yesterday creating (and we're back in the craft basement today too!).  She's working on her December daily album and I'm trying to get the non-Christmas mojo flowing....

I created this card a few days ago... I stamped the floral background on white cardstock and embossed it in white.  Once it was cool, I used my new Tim Holtz ink blending tools and some Distress Inks to create the background.  I stamped the sentiment on the bottom of the panel and layered it all on to some blue cardstock before putting it back on a white card (I used my Perfect Layers Tools to get that perfect 1/16" border).  I added a few sequins to finish it off.


2 comments:

  1. Love this card! And I love that we got the chance to create together! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. very sparkly just like a snow flake

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)