Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

*Black White and Red All Over*

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday.

It was great to get to spend Mother's Day with my Mom this year. This is the first year since my oldest son was born 12 years ago that I've spent it with my Mom. My husbands brother and his wife invited us over for Brunch on Sunday. We got home in the early afternoon soon after Matthew returned home from Cub Camp. I was given gifts from both boyz and from Bruce... Matthew gave me a Webkinz Cat, Alex gave me "Cookin' Mama" for the Nintendo Wii, and Bruce gave me a wonderfully comfortable lounge chair for the back deck. We ordered in Chinese food for supper and watched the "Survivor" finale while we ate.

I haven't crafted a lot while Mom was here... hard to get to the basement when the weather is so beautiful. I have made a few cards, though.

I fell in love with this Luxe paper as soon as I saw it in the scrapbooking store. It is double sided... the other side is the same design only it's black paper with white highlights. I think I like this side more than the other... less dramatic perhaps?

Not much going on in this card... I used Gina's idea for the tag using the Scallop Square Punch. I added the dots to the Whisper White card with my Micron pen (from Michaels) just because it needed something.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black and Brushed Silver
*Patterned Paper: Luxe
*Ink: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Micron Pen
*Embellishments: Making Memories silver brads, Prima flower
*Tools: Marvy Mega Scallop Square Punch

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! :) Domenica

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love this! great job... and way to go for getting your mom to start a blog!!! what was the trick? My mom keeps saying no!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are always so elegant, great source of inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! And I LOVE that paper!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)