Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

*Last Day of Summer Vacation*

I can't believe that the boys are back to school in the morning!! I am so not ready! This is the first year that I haven't been itching to get the kids back to school. They've done their thing and I've done mine this summer. Sure, we've done stuff together, but they're pretty self-sufficient. Not to say I'm not looking forward to having a quiet house every day!

Now, this is a really early start of school for us... Our kids were supposed to go back on the 3rd since Labour Day falls so late.... but Calgary is hosting the World Skills Competition and there is an opportunity for some grades (mostly grades 9 and 10) to attend the competition as spectactors. Basically, this is a competition of skilled trades (chefs, esthetics, computer industry, construction industry, interior design etc) and the kids will get to go see some different career choices than Dr., Lawyer and teacher. The competition starts on September 1st. The school boards in Calgary both decided it was an important opportunity for the kids so they made the decision to start school a full week early. Alex will be heading to the competition with his school a week from Friday. To make up for the extra 5 days of school, the kids will get an extra day or two at different times of the year... Christmas, Easter, Spring Break etc.

I think it would have been nicer to just give them a full week off at the end of the year (end early) but what do I know??!! LOL

These are the final cards from the week long Mojo Turns 100 sketches... and they also fulfill the needs for this months Christmas challenge over on Tracy's Blog. So this is MojoMary (or Mojo100#7).... and uses patterned paper as the focus of the card.

Items Used:
*Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black and silver; Bazzill Bling
*Patterned Paper: StampIt Australia
*Embellishments: Kaiser Pearls

I think that the cards would have turned out better had I only been making one... making 5 with so many layers I started to get sloppy. My little squares were cut with my paper cutter and I guess I got sloppy as there were some that just weren't right. A punch would have been easier but the SU punches I have were too big. The first card I did I didn't use the black behind the white and blue squares... I think it looks better with the black...makes them POP!

Thanks for popping by to visit!
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

7 comments:

  1. I think your execution is beautiful. Love the colors. Thanks for trying my MOJOMARY sketch. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nancy! I SO knew you would use this paper...wait till ya see mine...I did too...but the other colors. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love the new look of the blog...again! Gerbera's are my absolute fave! And this Mojo one rocks girl! Joely is so excited about school but not the homework, go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like this layout; great card

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they're beautiful! I'm not one for mass production. I try, but always seem to need to try another idea as each card gets put together LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What You Have To Say! (and use the pull down menu if you do not have a Google account)